Pilates is practical for the office
For many workplaces, people suffer from all sorts of pain and stiffness. People & Culture departments are also increasingly spending more resources in creating a harmonious and beneficial workplace. Team fitness classes are becoming a staple for many because of its proven benefits of relieving stress, creating rapport between team members and also improving employee fulfilment.
Pilates improves strength, flexibility and balance by engaging the core muscles. This improves posture and reduces tension in your back and neck. Pilates also increases blood flow which helps clear toxins from the body. An added benefit of this form of exercise is that it reduces stress levels and calms you down so it wakes up refreshed without feeling tired or stressed out after work.
A foldable reformer like this is perfect for saving space in the workplace and storing the reformers neatly tucked away.
So what are the benefits of pilates reformer machines for your back? Well, there's a lot. Pilates reformers are great at helping improve your posture, which can be extremely beneficial since many people tend to have poor posture and end up with chronic back pain as a result.
The physical resistance that you feel when doing exercises on a pilates reformer machine is perfect for strengthening and toning the muscles in your core (the abs and obliques). This will help improve how you carry yourself throughout the day, resulting in less stress on your spine.
Pilates can boost productivity
The benefits of pilates don't stop at the physical. Pilates can also be used to help boost productivity and improve overall health, making it a great addition to any business's wellness program.
- Exercise helps reduce stress: When you feel stressed or anxious, it's easy for your mind to go off track and become distracted from what you're doing. Pilates can help by reducing stress and anxiety so that your body is more focused on work and less focused on feeling overwhelmed or stressed out about everything going on in your life.
- Exercise increases endorphins: Endorphins are natural painkillers released by our bodies when we exercise, making us feel happier and less stressed out during stressful times—and that means better productivity too! In fact, some studies show that people who exercise regularly have lower rates of depression than those who do not exercise at all (source). So if you notice yourself becoming more irritable than usual during certain parts of the day at work, try taking a quick break for a few minutes each hour throughout the day so that you can get some fresh air outside or do some stretches/pilates exercises in order to release some tension before returning back inside again where hopefully things will seem brighter after having had this time away from whatever was causing those feelings previously.
Reduces the effects of sitting at a desk all day
- Pilates can help with back pain, improve posture, increase flexibility, strengthen muscles and improve core strength.
- Sitting at a desk all day can cause muscle imbalances and poor posture which can lead to back pain and decreased energy levels.
Helps relieve stress
- You'll get a good workout.
- It helps to relieve tension and stress, which can be caused by a range of factors in the workplace. Pilates is often used as an excellent way to help beginners learn how to stretch and strengthen their muscles and joints through controlled movements. This method of exercise results in a better mind-body connection so that people are able to focus on their breathing rather than being distracted by pain or discomfort.*
If your staff feel comfortable and less stressed, they are happier and more productive. There is also a chance you will have less sick days taken by employees.
There are many benefits for employers to place a compact pilates reformer machine at work. The more comfortable your staff feel, the happier they'll be. They will also be more productive, which leads to a healthier environment for everyone involved. A happy employee is more likely to take less sick days and stay with the company longer—and that's good news for you!
There is a chance that some may be skeptical about pilates being used as a corporate perk; however, it offers so many benefits that even skeptics would agree it's worth having in place! You'll find that once people start using it regularly, they really enjoy it and talk about how much better they feel after just one session on their mat! The best part? It's something they can do anywhere without needing any equipment other than themselves (though if you want something more challenging or specific exercises/stretches then there are special reformer machines available).